- Make Thermo Scientific
- Model Power Stain Cassette
- Serial N/A
- Weight 3
- Working Working
- Warranty AS-IS
- Dimensions 26×39×13 in
- Shipping Type Freight
- Item Condition Pre-owned
- Manufacturing Date N/A
If applicable: Unit Powers on, no visible error messages or error codes.
Get rapid and efficient protein transfer at your fingertips with the Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Power Blotter.
The Thermo Scientific Pierce Power Blotter is designed specifically for rapid semi-dry transfer of 10-300kDa proteins from polyacrylamide gels to nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes in 5 to 10 minutes.
The Pierce Power Blotter replaces the Pierce G2 Fast Blotter and features an integrated power supply optimized to deliver consistent, high-efficiency protein transfer when used with commonly used precast or homemade gels (SDS-PAGE) and nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes. The Power Blot cassette enables the simultaneous transfer of up to four mini-sized gels or two midi-sized gels. The Power Station component of the Power Blotter has an easy-to-use color LCD touchscreen interface and pre-programmed transfer methods for different numbers and sizes of gels and ranges of protein molecular weight. The easy-touch programming feature allows custom transfer settings to be quickly created, saved and run.
The Pierce Power Blotter achieves highly efficient transfer in less than 10 minutes when used with Pierce 1-Step Transfer Buffer. The instrument is also effective for standard 30- to 60-minute semi-dry transfer protocols based on traditional buffers.
- Efficient – achieve high transfer efficiency with a broad range of protein sizes (10-300kDa) compared to conventional semi-dry or wet (tank) transfer methods
- Fast – transfer proteins in 5 to 10 minutes when used with 1-Step Transfer Buffer
- Integrated power supply – seamless operation between control unit and cassette provides consistent high efficiency protein transfer
- Easy-touch programming – access pre-programmed transfer methods or create, save and run customized transfer methods
- Convenient – simultaneously transfer 1 to 4 mini gels or 1 to 2 medium-sized gels
- Versatile – use with Pierce 1-Step Transfer Buffer for rapid blotting programs or Towbin transfer buffer for conventional semi-dry transfer methods
- Upgrade-ready – adding the Pierce Power Stain Cassette activates the pre-loaded software making this unit a fully functional Pierce Power System with gel staining and blotting capabilities.
- System consists of the Pierce Power Station and Pierce Power Blot Cassette; kit includes Western Blot Roller, Power Cord with C/13 Connector, and Quick Start Guide
- Unit ships with North American power cord; country-specific power cords are also available
- Semi-dry Western blot transfer of 10-300kDa proteins from polyacrylamide gels to nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes in about 10 minutes using optimized transfer buffer
- Pierce Power Stain Cassette (22836) - activates pre-loaded software to enable electrophoretic protein staining
Traditional wet blotting techniques require transfer times of one hour to overnight to achieve good transfer efficiency. When used in conjunction with Pierce 1-Step Transfer Buffer, the Pierce Power Blotter provides efficient protein transfer in 5-10 minutes with results equivalent to, or better than, traditional Western blot transfer techniques. This system also eliminates the need for gel pre-equilibration. This significant reduction in protein transfer time is accomplished by optimizing the ionic strength of the transfer buffer and increasing the current [amps (A)/cm2] flowing through the transfer stack. The Pierce Power Blotter can also be used for standard 30- to 60-minute semi-dry transfer protocols with Towbin buffer (Towbin et al., 1979).
“REUZEit has been a great partner for our used equipment needs and always provide timely updates of new arrivals of consigned equipment.”
“Great company to work with. Tammy completed our first international equipment shipment with ease.”
“Fast response, open to adjusting schedule as needed, and great customer interaction.”